The following rule updates have been proposed for review by the rules committee:
This rule will apply only to games that are defaulted i.e. Not played.
All games are to be played unless there are extenuating circumstances. Extenuating circumstances are defined as follows:
- Sickness – where a team cannot field enough players
- Injury – where a team cannot field enough players
- Prior commitments that involve education/school work
- Weather Related – where a team cannot field enough players
- Any other reason for a default will be vetted through the MJCT rules committee before any points are awarded
Points awarded for defaulted games:
For games that are defaulted under the circumstances listed above the winning team will be awarded full points as if the game had been played. The team that defaults will be awarded points as if the lost the game.
For games that are defaulted without a valid reason:
The winning team due to the default will be awarded full points as if the game had been played. The team that defaults will only be awarded the points up to the last game officially played and will not be awarded points for the loss due to the default. For example, if a team defaults the final then the defaulting team will only be given the semi-final points and no points for reaching the final.